Finding your first cache
Choose a cache
- Nearby, so you can go home for more clues if necessary
- Easy, so you have a good chance of finding it
- Recently found, so there's a good chance that the cache hasn't been muggled
To identify this type of cache:
- Go to http://geocaching.com.au (open this in a new window so you can refer to this page at the same time)
- Type your suburb in search box the top right hand side of the screen and press "enter"
You should see a list of caches. If you don't, then try typing in a nearby larger suburb or area or Postcode in the search box. A Postcode search will give a list with distances to each cache. With a suburb search you can get a similar list by clicking the cache name and then the Other Caches Nearby link on the right of the page.