Geocaching Australia Development List
- Get collaborative development process going (done)
- Move to mysql (done)
- Single sign-on for gallery, forum, wiki, gca (upgrade all packages) (done)
- Images, swaggies (done)
Hey as of 25-Aug-2009, we're there :-) But seriously, the roadmap needs updating.
Work in Progress by your primary developers
Google Calendar Integration for events and what-not
'live movable' using SPOT technologies and similar.
Gallery borders: Make to use CSS
Swaggies Survey: How to improve.
overall look and feel of the site/menus etc
Adding Find Limit feature for Locationless Caches (and perhaps moveables???)
- Random Encounters - Be able to list cachers with whom you have met out on the caching trail
- Auto-text in GCA logs to allow embedding of gallery items in a nice pretty way
- Format the tags / view page (eg. http://geocaching.com.au/tags/view/all/playground/) like the caches page (eg. http://geocaching.com.au/caches/gca/au/). Then I could sort by the appropriate distance or direction.
- Improve Tag and Gallery visualisation
- Administrative Pages for Tags and Gallery, plus some stat generation
- Upload of MP3 files for podcaches
- Caches along a path
- Cache Raid Planner
- Tea making USB peripheral to turn on 15mins from last find for Bronze.
- Locationless caches: Alert User if co-ords match those placed by another cacher if the owner decides they should be unique finds...
- Place restrictions on number of finds if selected by user
- Add a notification bar to the header to allow notification of save/edit/addition rather than a blank page with a 'return to what you were doing' link
- Real Time online chat? NO WAY! This will flag the site as "social networking" site vs. a messageboard and websense will block it.
Fix Bugs/Basic Functionality
- Get swaggies working (import, listing and logs)
- Tag virtual caches
Better Search options, searching all items (logs/gallery/tags/cachers/caches etc etc as requested in obscene detail by the one known only as "The Ginger Loon")
- Postcode editor
- Site map
- Automatic winners' page for finders
- When logging a cache, allow a non-published note to the owner (sends PM?)
- HTML export from various cacher statistics pages (allow editing through FCK editor).
- Generate a GPX file based on the caches visible from a Google Map page.
- Change the icons on the logs to a drop down list to save space / make look consistent.
- Allow cachers to add listing site prefixes to their ignore lists (like OX, OU, OK, GC, etc).
- Moveable cache trails
- iCal feed for upcoming events/caches
- Cacher specific galleries in new gallery system
- Cache(r) half life, plot decline in find frequency
- Cache(r) find frequency. Straight, and vs diff/terr
- team v location: where different teams are putting their caches. colours represent teams
- terrain v difficulty: correlated as most people don't understand the difference?
- terrain v location: urban are are easy terrain, the ones away are harder?
- difficulty v location: opposite to above
- team cache style profiles: terrain v location, coloured blob represents team. colour gets brighter/blob larger as teams plant more caches of that style.
- hit/miss ratio v terrain, difficulty
- time to first find v location, time: hypothesis is that ttff is small in sydney but large further out. other hypothsis is that average ttff has decreased significantly over the past 12 months
- team territorial analysis - thematic plot of where each team is usually active. for each team, assign (say) 5 points for a cache that they have laid, 2 points for a first find and 1 point for a normal find. then start shading areas based on the pointscore and see what you get. should be able to see odlid dave sitting down there in jannali, dogs up in hornsby, etc
- Integrate GPSBabel to support zillions of formats
- add more filters eg GCA only , cache-types