Difference between revisions of "Listing a cache"
(→Reasons to list on Geocaching Australia)
(→How to list your caches)
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 13:00, 6 November 2005
Reasons to list on Geocaching Australia
- It's free: you aren't forcing people to pay US$30 per annum to be able to download a GPX file containing your cache
- We don't have strict guidelines like Geocaching.com
- We don't censor the forums like Geocaching.com
- GPX files contain all the logs, not just the last four
- You can see who is watching your cache
- We take it as your thank-you for the time, effort and cost we put in to running Geocaching Australia!
We prefer that you don't list your cache on multiple cache listing websites. The reason is that then there is no place online where people can see the entire history of that cache, and it confuses people who start trying to log your cache on both sites.
How to list your caches
- cache type - Traditional cache, Multi-cache, Virtual cache, Moveable cache,etc.
- container type - the size of the container.
- coordinates - Latitude and longitude in WGS84 datum.
- terrain and difficulty rating - an estimation of the terrain where the cache is located and the difficulty of finding it once you get to the location.
- country - The country where the cache is located
- state - The state the cache is located in, this determines the listing state for searches
- short description
- long description