Most people use a map to find a cache. We use the following maps:
Online web maps
These are good for those quick planning sessions before you depart. Print them out and away you go!
- Multimap - displays maps by lat/lon
- Google Maps - displays maps by lat/lon
- Listmap - Tasmania
- Buxley's Maps - shows cache locations across Australia. Sadly, because of Groundspeak's policies, these maps are no longer up-to-date
- South Australian Atlas
- ER Mapper
These are typically large applications which need to be installed on a high-end PC with a broadband connection.
- Google Earth - allows you to spin a globe and zoom in to any point.
- World Wind - again, spin a globe and zoom in to any point.
- Ozi Explorer - the most popular mapping software in Australia
- (Link to those Topo map series you can buy)