Summer Scavenger Series
The Summer Scavenger Series game is a unique concept created by Geocaching Australia which allows players to score points for their chosen clan while finding geocaches. The game runs throughout the Australian summer (Dec 2016/Jan 2017) and brings together the fun of geocaching while adding an extra challenge to give players even more reason to go out and find geocaches.
Quick Start Links
- Geocaches for the game are not restricted by hidden or published date unless the scavenge clearly states an exception.
- Geocaches you claim for find requirements must be found during the scavenge period. i.e. You cannot claim scavenges where you found the geocache prior to the scavenge commencement or after the scavenge conclusion.
- Geocaches you claim for hide requirements must be hidden during the scavenge period. i.e. You cannot claim scavenges where you hid the geocache prior to the scavenge commencement or after the scavenge conclusion.
- Geocaches you claim for the game must be claimed in the game after the scavenge commences and before the scavenge concludes.
- Each scavenge must be claimed against a different geocache. i.e. You cannot claim more than one scavenge per geocache.
- Choose the geocaches you log against your scavenges carefully. You will not be able to remove claims.
- The game tracking mechanism relies upon your honesty when logging your claims. The games administrators will undertake verification of a statistically significant number of logs. Players who continually log inaccurate information will be disqualified from the game.
- The game administrators decision is final. The game administrators will delete logs that do not clearly state which scavenge is being claimed and a justification for the claim. The game administrators will attempt to contact you in the event of any confusion, however the game administrators reserve the right to delete any logs that are deemed not to have met the requirement.
- The games administrators reserve the right to provide clarifications to the rules at any point during the game.
To scavenge as many points to help your dragonZone clan come out on top.
The game runs from 1 December 2016 to 31 January 2017. Scavenges will be released in batches via the game page on a weekly basis.
Who Can Play?
The game is open to anyone registered on the Geocaching Australia website.